The Manifest Destiny and the Acquisition of Land Differentiated Instruction Lesson Plan is now on http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Kasha-Mastrodomenico! It is a beautifully done lesson plan that is based on the 7th grade NYS social studies curriculum and standards. Take a look below to see what is included.
This social studies differentiated instruction lesson plan includes:
- Lesson Plan with mini-lesson notes
- 3 Ability Levels of Vocabulary Sheets (enriched, average and basic); average and basic are shown below
- 2 Ability Levels of Note Sheets for the Enriched and Basic PowerPoints; the basic note sheets help students focus and allow time for a partner review after each slide. This allows the students to get repetition, which we all know is important. The enriched note sheets allow the students to do more critical thinking.
- 2 Ability Levels of Lewis and Clark web-quests that use the same content but different websites; an answer key is included
- Map of Land Acquisitions
- Map Activity
The Manifest Destiny and the Acquisition of Land differentiated instruction lesson plan includes the following content in the Leveled PowerPoint that goes with it (basic and enriched versions):
- Essential Questions
- Acquisition of Louisiana
- Lewis and Clark
- Acquisition of Land in the North
- Acquisition of Florida
- Acquisition of Texas
- Acquisition of the Northwest
- Acquisition of the Southwest
- Mexican War
The two different ability levels of the PowerPoint are great to use with parallel teaching if a co-teacher is available in your classroom. If you don’t have a co-teacher, you can choose the version that best suits each of your classes.
To find out where you can find the Manifest Destiny and the Acquisition of Land differentiated instruction lesson plan, click here.