There are many places on the web to locate a Silk Road differentiated instruction lesson plan. The question should be where can I find a quality Silk Road differentiated instruction lesson plan. Before you create or purchase any type of social studies differentiated instruction lesson plan, ask yourself some of the following questions:
- Does it differentiate instruction for vocabulary and if so how?
- Does it differentiate instruction for the mini-lesson and if so how?
- Does it differentiate instruction with note sheets for the mini-lesson and if so how?
- Does it differentiate instruction for the activities and if so how?
- Does it differentiate instruction for graphic organizers and if so how?
- Does it differentiate instruction for writing and if so how?
- Does it differentiate instruction for a homework assignment and if so how?
These questions can help you find the best Silk Road differentiated instruction lesson plan for your teaching style and your student’s learning styles. If you don’t want to look any further and waste your time searching the web, I have two fantastic places where you can find a Silk Road differentiated instruction lesson plan for grades 6-9 and they are listed below:
1) http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/The-Silk-Road-Differentiated-Instruction-PowerPoint-Mini-Lesson is a mini-lesson PowerPoint presentation on the Silk Road. Differentiated instruction is accomplished by providing two levels using the same core content. The basic level focuses on facts which allow students to have the opportunity for repetition. The enriched level allows students to go more into detail and provides for more critical thinking. This leveled differentiated instruction mini-lesson on the Silk Road can be used in a parallel co-teaching situation or by itself.
2) http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/The-Silk-Road-Differentiated-Instruction-Lesson-Plan goes along with the differentiated instruction mini-lesson above. It differentiates instruction by providing:
a) 3 levels of a vocabulary sheet that is a foldable study tool which critical thinking progresses from the basic level to the enriched level as well as a choice of using different Multiple Intelligences.
b) It gives many ideas of how to differentiate instruction even more for the mini-lesson PowerPoint above by using the Multiple Intelligence Theory and how to connect it to background knowledge.
c) There are 3 activities that differentiate instruction by using the Multiple Intelligence Theory that allow for student choice. The choices are creating a diorama, writing 3 diary entries, and creating and performing a musical skit.
d) There are 3 differentiated instruction levels of graphic organizers that help guide and allow for an increase of critical thinking as the levels progress.
e) The last part would be the paragraph writing homework assignment which can be differentiated if you choose the next option.
3. http://www.teachersnotebook.com/product/socialstudiesdifferentiatedinstruction/silk-road-lesson-plan-amp-powerpoint-bundle-save-1-01 This is a bundle that can save you $1.01.
I created this Silk Road differentiated instruction lesson plan to teach my students and am now hoping to help teachers and interest their students in the learning process. Whatever type of Silk Road differentiated instruction lesson plan you choose, make sure that it challenges SPED, ELL, “Average”, and Advanced students.
Kasha Mastrodomenico (Connect with me on Linkedin.com)