Social Studies Differentiated instruction seems to be everywhere today and for good reason, educators need to challenge their students on each of their levels using the same content. If you have been looking for a differentiated instruction geography lesson plan, then I have a perfect one for you. It is a two day geography lesson plan that teaches students not only the geography vocabulary but also how to read a map.
This differentiated instruction geography lesson plan contains the following:
- PowerPoint geography mini-lesson using the following geography vocabulary terms: Grid, Latitude, Equator, Parallels, Degrees, Longitude, Prime Meridian. Meridians, Hemispheres, Compass Rose, Absolute Location, Legend
- 3 levels of the same geography vocabulary sheet that goes along with the geography mini-lesson and it is able to be folded and studied from
- Ideas, using the Multiple Intelligence Theory, to introduce and reintroduce each vocabulary word and connect it to background knowledge
- Two Kinesthetic and Spatial Multiple Intelligence Activities: creating a balloon globe and walking on the grid
- 3 Practice Worksheets focusing on latitude and longitude and legend reading
- 1 Paragraph Writing Homework Assignment: You can differentiate instruction by using the leveled writing system available at http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Kasha-Mastrodomenico.
You can get this differentiated instruction geography lesson plan at: http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Learning-How-to-Read-a-Map-Lesson-Plan
The geography mini-lesson can be found at: http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Learning-How-to-Read-a-Map-PowerPoint-Mini-Lesson