Geographic Regions of NYS Lesson Plan
I’m working my way through the NYS 7th grade Social Studies standards and curriculum for my site, http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Kasha-Mastrodomenico. This was a really fun lesson plan for me to make because I grew up in Rochester, NY and am familiar with every region in NY through various trips and moves.
The content that the Geographic Regions of NYS lesson plan and PowerPoint cover is found below. The PowerPoint is filled with beautiful pictures that will bring each region to life for students. The essential questions and vocabulary will help student focus on the content.
- Map of Geographic Regions of NYS
- Map of Major Natural Waterways of NYS
- Map of the Great Lakes
- Flora of NYS
- Fauna of NYS
- Seasons and weather of NYS
- Essential Questions
The Geographic Regions of NYS lesson plan includes:
- 3 different levels of vocabulary sheets; basic, average and enriched. Each ability level allows students the choice between linguistic or spatial intelligence by offering them the choice of using the vocabulary word in a sentence or drawing a picture to show understanding.
- Student note sheets that follow the PowerPoint mini-lesson
- Within the notes are 3 different map activities focusing on The Great Lakes, Major Natural Waterways in NYS, and NYS Geographic Regions as well as the key for grading
- Expository paragraph writing assignment with grading checklist bring in the Common Core Standards CCSS.ELA-Literacy.W.7.2.
To find out where to obtain the Geographic Regions of NYS Lesson Plan and PowerPoint mini-lesson, click here!
You can find a list of my social studies differentiated instruction lesson plans that follow the NYS standards and curriculum by clicking here.