Trusts during the Progressive Era were a large problem. There was much corruption through the use of trusts during the Progressive Era. The federal government stepped in to try to decrease the amount of corruption that was being done through the use of trusts. If you are looking for a social studies differentiated instruction lesson plan on Progressive Era Trusts then I have a fantastic recommendation for you. It includes:
- 3 differentiated instruction levels of a Progressive Era: Trusts vocabulary work sheet.
- 2 differentiated instruction levels of a Progressive Era: Trusts PowerPoint Mini-lesson that includes ideas for connecting to background knowledge, enrichment, and repetition. Differentiated Instruction Leveled PowerPoint mini-lessons are ideal for co-taught classrooms.
- 2 differentiated instruction leveled note sheets that go along with the Progressive Era: Trusts PowerPoint mini-lesson.
- An activity choice sheet for students to choose the MI activity they are interested in doing with the Progressive Era: Trusts content. It also allows them to choose how they would like to work (self, partner, or group).
- 3 choices of differentiated instruction activities with rubrics that include a cartoon strip, talk show or a superhero story that offer the use of all 7 of Dr. Howard Gardner’s Multiple Intelligences. These should be used with mixed-ability grouping.
- 2 differentiated instruction flow chart graphic organizers that chart the different measures made by the federal government against trusts.
- 1 paragraph writing assignment
The content that is included in the differentiated instruction Progressive Era: Trusts lesson plan is as follows:
- Free Enterprise
- Vertical Integration
- Horizontal Integration
- United States Steel Corporation
- Standard Oil
- Northern Security Company
- Grover Cleveland
- Interstate Commerce Act
- Sherman Antitrust Act
- Teddy Roosevelt
- Department of Commerce and Labor
- Elkins Act
- Hepburn Act
- Federal Trade Commission Act
- Clayton Antitrust Act
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Kasha-Mastrodomenico offers many differentiated instruction lesson plans like the Progressive Era: Trusts lesson plan above. If you are only interested in the Progressive Era: Trusts PowerPoint Mini-lesson you can click this link: http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Differentiated-Instruction-PowerPoint-Mini-Lesson-Trusts