History and the Social Sciences: The Study of Humans is the first part of the NYS curriculum for 7th grade Social Studies under Unit 1: The Global Heritage of the American People Prior to 1500. It has many pieces of content relating to History and the other Social Sciences. The purpose of teaching this first is to introduce the students to the Social Sciences and how historians use them create histories.
The following is the content included in the 7th grade NYS Social Studies Curriculum and standards:
- Role of History
- Role of Historians
- Primary Source
- Secondary Source
- Political Science
- The Scientific Method
If you are looking for a complete social studies differentiated instruction lesson plan covering this material, click here. It comes with:
- a free differentiated instruction PowerPoint with two different levels (enriched and basic) to be downloaded separately.
- 3 levels of vocabulary study sheets
- enriched and basic versions note sheets
- choice sheet for activities
- 2 activities: Win, Lose or Draw and Vocabulary Hunt with key
- enriched and basic versions of a graphic organizer
- paragraph writing activity with grading checklist
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Kasha-Mastrodomenico offers this social studies differentiated instruction lesson plan and many more. Check it out!