Technology can be a very useful tool for those with the linguistic learning style. It can help them review and study as well as create. Any technology that helps students read, write, listen or speak can be used to help the linguistic learner learn. Here are some suggestions using technology to help the linguistic learner:
- Allow the students with the linguistic learning style to record the mini-lesson so they can listen to it later
- Allow the students with the linguistic learning style to record the main concepts and vocabulary and download it to the MP3 player so they can listen to it when they have time.
- Use interactive writing sites like http://www.theeasyessay.com/
- Provide audio books for the linguistic learner
- Allow the linguistic learner to record themselves reading the text out loud.
Using technology in the classroom can help those with the linguistic learning style learn. Teachers need to feel comfortable with their teaching style and knowledge of the subject to allow students to record them. If they do not feel comfortable with being recorded there is always the option for the teacher to record themselves talking about the content without students around.
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Kasha-Mastrodomenico offers many linguistic learning style activities including two interactive writing systems.